The University of Tulsa is offering International Leadership Scholarship to well-qualified international applicants. The initial award is for one year and is renewable as long as the student maintains full-time enrollment and a 2.5 cumulative GPA at The University of Tulsa.
The University of Tulsa is a private, independent, doctoral-degree-granting institution whose mission reflects these core values: excellence in scholarship, dedication to free inquiry, integrity of character, and commitment to humanity.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Award values vary from $4,000 to $14,000 USD.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The initial award is for one year and is renewable as long as the student maintains full-time enrollment and a 2.5 cumulative GPA at The University of Tulsa. Eligible students may renew up to three times for a total of four years of study. Early applicants are considered favourably.
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have high school degree.
Test Requirement: Each school has different requirements for standardized testing. Most schools require the SAT or ACT, and many also require SAT subject tests.
English Language Requirement: The University of Tulsa accepts a variety of options for demonstrating English proficiency. Non-native English speakers must meet one of the standards listed below or provide evidence of language competency.
- IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge English preferred scores (scores must be less than two years old)
- TOEFL iBT 70 or higher with certain minimum sub-scores ranging from 15-18 (original scores must be sent directly from the testing organization; our institution code is 6883 to request TOEFL scores from ETS)
- IELTS 6.0 overall or higher with subscores of 6.0 in Reading, Listening and Speaking, and 5.5 in Writing
- A Cambridge English score of 176 with no individual score below 169
- Paper-based TOEFL 525 or above with a minimum of 50 on all sub-scores (only a TU institutional TOEFL score will be accepted)
How to Apply
No additional scholarship application is needed and all qualified applicants are automatically considered.
Option 1: Complete The University of Tulsa Online Application
Option 2: Complete and submit The Common Application at commonapp.org (opens August 1)
Option 3: Download The University of Tulsa Application pdf
- Application for admission
- Official high school transcript – If you have a GED, you must submit an official record of your scores (not the diploma) and a final high school transcript from the last date attended.
- SAT or ACT results (the writing component is not required); Superstore will be used for admission and scholarship decisions. TU will accept scores from both the current SAT and the redesigned SAT.
- School Report Form (Common App or TU School Report Form)
- Materials can be mailed to The University of Tulsa Office of Admission, 800 South Tucker Drive, Tulsa, OK 74104
- A personal interview with an admission counsellor and a high school counsellor recommendation are strongly suggested.
- Home school students should refer to the Home School Checklist for additional requirements.
- Students that are Permanent Residents with Greencards must have their status documented. Please complete the PRA Verification Form and follow the directions provided.
- Students who are 25 years of age or older are not required to submit an ACT or SAT score. However, the admission committee reserves the right to request additional testing if deemed necessary to the review process.