AOS Orwell, an integrated indigenous oilfield services company in Nigeria offering well construction and engineering services to the energy sector, has the vacancies for a suitably qualified person to join our team as:
Job Title: Workshop Services Sales Engineer, Tendering and Estimation
Job Type: Full-Time
Ref. No: PMD/TEE
Field: Process Management (Control Systems and Instrumentation)
Reporting to the Workshop Sales Service Manager, the Engineer will develop quotation and contract template for the service sales team with focus on costing and commercial input to achieve required revenue targets:
- Responsible for estimation of costs of project, materials, duration and generate proposal/bid.
- Review of inquiry/ bid documents / RFQ from sales team or customers and preparation of Summary document including third party hardware/software buyouts, T&Cs, exceptions & discrepancies for bid/no bid decisions. Resolution of proposal related queries with client/sales.
- Shall maintain projects lists and close out documentation; interface with general E&I/EPC contractors and subs and be detail oriented with follow up skills.
- Responds to inquiries from department personnel regarding assigned project status; assists department personnel in organizing work relating to specific assigned project deadlines
- Monitor the market and evaluate competition and customer specific strategic and operational factors to support business decisions
- Sizing and selection of hardware and preparation of BOQ, costing of E&I hardware, preparation of commercial proposal including payment & delivery terms, billing schedule etc.
- Preparation of technical proposal, data sheets and documentation package & resolution of post-proposal technical and commercial queries. Should be familiar with project specifications, shop drawings, PFD/P&IDs and submittals
- Technical Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 10-12 years relevant experience in technical sales in the Oil & Gas industry
- Demonstrated track record of sales / business development growth in Nigeria within oil & gas market – target customers’ production/maintenance/operations/L&D/asset management organizations
- Must be a self-starter who is driven to completion of sales orders and project execution.
- Willingness and ability to travel 60% time across Nigeria.