The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
Job Title: Quality Control Manager
Organization: NASCON Allied Industries Plc
Employment Type: Full time
- Ensure standards & specification are established and maintained for raw materials, packaging materials, on line tests and all finished products.
- Ensure conformity with GMP, HACCP and other requirements of food safety legislation
- Demonstrate through statistical data analysis that company standard and customer specifications are met. (against NIS standard or any other)
- Maintain systems that monitor and maintain the quality control process and take appropriate corrective steps when deviation occurs
- Plan and manage the unit’s activities within given budget
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service
- Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Coordinate objectives with production in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- B.Sc/HND Food Science or Industrial Chemistry or equivalent experience/education combination
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of related experience.
- 3 – 5 years supervisory/managerial experience.
- Organizational and planning skills
- Technical capacity and problem solving and analytical skills
- Customer/client focus
- Time management and collaboration
- Skills in numerical and statistical analysis
- Business acumen and excellent communication skills
- Performance management
Job Title: Laboratory Analyst
Organization: NASCON Allied Industries Plc.
Employment Type: Full time
- Carrying out daily chemical analysis using Standard Operating Procedures (S. O. Ps)
- Preparation of solutions
- Calibration of equipment used for laboratory analysis
- Taking corrective actions when results deviate from the standards
- Attending to SON and NAFDAC on official visits
- Reporting of inconsistencies, malfunctions or variations from prototype
- Written explanations of flaws
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks
- Maintains simple laboratory records and inventory for supplies and reagents
- Recommendation of new or revised methods for production efficiency
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses
- Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced
- Maintains laboratory equipment and supplies by cleaning and maintaining quality assurance records
- A B.Sc /HND in Chemistry, Food Science or Biochemistry
- Knowledge of FDA, GMP, SOP, HACCP, ISO, sanitation, chemical safety, pest control, food allergens plus Kosher requirements.
- Strong industry experience
- Excellent technical report writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation
- Strategic thinking
- Time management skills
- Confident independent abilities and Team-focused mentality
- Strong analytical and numerical skills